Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Do What Makes You Happy

Do what makes you happy” ~ A phrase I always hear in movies, at work, in public places and sometimes from people who are dear to me. But how easy is it to put this phrase into action?

When I was young doing things in a heartbeat was so easy. Often times I forget to carefully examine what will be the consequences of my actions. Everything was fine as long as it makes me happy.

As I grow older, especially when I became a mother, I become more cautious of my decisions and actions. I learned to prioritise the feelings of those people around me, most especially my loved ones. Over the years, the phrase “do what makes you happy” has changed to “choose what is right”.

Doing the right thing most of the time contradicts to what will make me happy. But at the end of the day, choosing what is right gives me peace of mind and in turn leads to infinite happiness. 


No comments: