Saturday, August 29, 2009

And it goes a longggggg way ;)

There are times (or should I say most of the time) that I tend to be very impulsive especially in buying stuff for the house, be it food or appliances. The price does not matter sometimes if I see something new and attractive. I just want to buy it without thinking if it is worth it. And so the Nuffnang competition "Nuffnang Coles Group & Myer:How Do You Turn $10 into $100?" truly challenged me.


There are 2 challenges - the 1st challenge how to spend the $10 Coles gift card in the most creative, interesting or fun way. Well, this surely is not for me. I am not a creative person. The 2nd challenge is how far you can stretch the $10...hmmm...this sounds more interesting... perhaps I can be frugal even for a day :)

So, off I went to Coles to search every aisle to find the items that I need at home and that are worth buying for. Of course I need to keep in mind that I only have $10 to spend. And guess what I made out of my $10 Coles gift card? A yummy treat for my family especially for my 3 kids and a healthy treat for myself!

I bought 3 Cottees Jelly (Orange, Lime and Strawberry flavor) for 95 cents each, a Coles condensed milk for $1.89, a Liddells lactose free cream for $1.59 and a San Remo Cous Cous for $3.56. All in all, it costs me $9.89 for all these items! So, proud of myself :)


Now, time for some little magic...I used the jelly powder, condensed milk and cream to make a delicious jelly for my kids.


As for the Cous Cous (which by the way is 98% fat free and rich in fibre!), I added some leftover sultanas and slivered almonds and had it for lunch and dinner as an alternative to rice.

2 comments:

jhermie said...

wow! you're good!!! :)

LNV said...

Thank you Jhermie!