Thursday, November 26, 2009

Proud to be a Filipino!

Although my children were born and grew-up overseas, me and my hubby see to it that they will uphold the values we learned back home...from basic things such as food to the most important ones like values and manners, the Filipino culture is very much evident to them.

For example my eldest son, Joseph, who was born in the Philippines and grew-up in New Zealand/Australia prefers rice over bread. He always insists to have rice for his lunch at school. When asked why he likes it instead of bread he will simply answer "because I like it". Except for one instance...

My youngest son's friend one day asked Joseph why he likes rice so much. For a change he replied "because I will be a disgrace to the Philippines if I will not eat rice"...hehehe...my eldest son is always like that...very spontaneous!

No comments: