Monday, November 28, 2011

Random thoughts....

After 12 long years of living overseas, I've finally able to attend a funeral service of a former work colleague. It was very different from the funeral services I had attended in my home country. One thing I was able to confirm, the casket here in abroad really has no glass! All the while I thought this kind of thing is only for movies.

But this isn't really what I want to write. As you see, today I realized that even though a couple decided to go on their separate lives, as long as there is a child that binds them, you are still a couple no matter what. Being a very observant person, I immediately noticed who's my office mate first wife and his current partner. I saw the pain and the grief in the first wife's eyes but nothing from his current partner. Yes, after the service, I saw the current partner cried but she's not that affected as the first wife. Maybe because they do not have a child unlike the first wife, who gave him a beautiful daughter.

Ah, love...so hard to comprehend...it's so easy to say you don't love the person anymore...but in the end actions speak louder than words...

No comments: