Wednesday, February 20, 2019

When It Is Better To Say Nothing At All

We often hear people saying "It is better to keep your mouth shut if you have nothing nice to say". This is also one of the million advices most parents tell their kids. And I do agree to what this phrase conveys.

First time in 43 years of existence that I was immensely hurt by a friend's comment. I do not see her often and when one time I saw her, the first thing she said to me was "Tumaba ka" (in English you became fat).

I admit that I am fat, I have gained a lot of weight, but it is not my choice that I became fat. I have been sick lately and one of the medicines I am taking contains steroids. My doctor has explained to me the side-effects of the medicine, whether I like it or not I will really gain weight. I would not really mind the comment if I became fat because I am not cautious of what I eat, but this is not the case 😔.

After that short and unforgettable encounter with my friend, I realized that I should be more careful of what I will say to others. Sometimes, a simple 'Hi', 'Hello', or 'How are you?' is more than enough to brighten another person's day 💖.


No comments: