Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chicken Adobo

One of my (and my kids too) favorite dish is the Chicken Adobo. This is a famous Filipino dish which is so tasty and easy to cook.

My grandmother and mum has their own version of cooking Adobo (chicken or pork). I remember my lola using butter or vegetable oil when she cooks it. On the other hand, my mother uses plenty of garlic to enhance the taste. But my version of how to cook Chicken Adobo is a bit different from them and here's how...

Ingredients:
1 k chicken pieces
soy sauce
heaps of crushed garlic
3 to 4 bay leaves
a few drops of Worcestershire sauce
pepper (ground or whole)
a few slices of ginger
3/4 c water

Procedure:
Mix all the ingredients and cook in medium heat. When chicken is almost cooked, add some
vinegar (5 to 6 tablespoons will d0). Before turning-off the heat add a dash of sugar.

Hope you enjoy this delicious and healthy (it has no oil or butter which makes it less fatty) recipe!

No comments: