Saturday, February 16, 2008

What I learned today...

We had our 4th home group meeting today (this is for my kids’ sacramental program), our mentor discussed what reconciliation is all about. He cited some examples when a person feels rejected and when to forgive. He also asked us (the parents and the kids) if there was a moment in our lives when we experienced rejection. Then he said that there is somebody who always feel rejected and that is Jesus.


During the discussion, he brought out some junk mails. These are pamphlets from various supermarkets and malls. He said that people are always occupied by material things and have less time for God. We spend heaps of hours watching in our huge plasma TV (thank goodness we do not have one…hehehehe) and few hours to pray to God. Upon hearing this, I felt guilty.


All the while I thought that I love Him above all things. I hear mass every Sunday, pray at night and in the morning. But is this enough? I always thank and praise Him but I often forget Him during those happy moments in my life. Maybe that’s the reason why He rather gave me trials so that I will remember Him all the time.


O Lord, today I learned to share with you all my joy and pain. To make you my constant companion not only through sorrow but also in gladness. To preempt my mind (and heart) of worldly things and lift up everything to you.


Lord, you know what is best for me, may your will be done and not mine.

No comments: